I had always wanted a horse, and our neighbour seemed to have just the right one for me. He was an old, retired pack horse, reliable, friendly, well-mannered, and very, very large. So large, in fact, that when I was in the saddle and he …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipThursday, April 27, 2017 – Pray for the members of the Committee on Education and Reception as they meet today and tomorrow with candidates who have applied to be ministers in The Presbyterian Church in Canada.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThe trouble with experience is that it usually teaches us something that we really didn't want to know.
Verse for TodayJames 1:26 – If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. (NIV)
Thursday, April 27, 2017:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Saviour Thy Dying Love
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Jeremiah 22-26
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 1 Chronicles 10-11; Luke 22:1-38
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 116:1-19
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own