As I was enjoying a peaceful evening, a text arrived from my daughter. My middle brother, who was severely depressed because of his family breakup and impending divorce, instructed her to call our mom and tell her that he was going to our …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipThursday, August 16, 2018 – Pray for the Rev. Graham Kennedy who serves as the convenor of the Student Oversight Sub-Committee for the Presbytery of Niagara.
- Update on "Relationship Restoration": "Tuesday, I found out that J is getting reassigned for approximately 6 months...we will be states..." (more)
- Update on "Son": "He came home last night. We are having a marvelous time! We have actually gone on a trip and he is..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Verse for Today2 Corinthians 7:1 – Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. (NIV)
Thursday, August 16, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: More Love To Thee
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Proverbs 17-18
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Joshua 2; Romans 9:30-10:4
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Ephesians 5:1-21
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own