Almost daily, the neighbour twins run over to my house to check the fruit seeds that we have planted in broken mugs in the kitchen window. We've had one success so far: the soursop seed grew to be a foot-and-a half tall before we …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSunday, September 23, 2018 – Loving God, You are our mighty protector. Bring peace to women, children, and men around the world who are being abused physically, mentally, or spiritually by their partners.
- Prayers for Successful Surgery: "Prayers would be very much appreciated for DR for successful surgery on October 10th to repair a..." (more)
- Update on "Suicidal Unemployed": "EM phoned me at 2 AM today, said he loved me and sounded like a suicide note? I phoned him at 10 AM..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Verse for TodayRomans 5:3-4 – We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. (NIV)
Sunday, September 23, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Hail Thou Once Despised Jesus
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Philemon
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 1 Samuel 16; 1 Corinthians 8
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Mark 9:30-50
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own