"A baby who has been left alone is being held down at the police station," said the message on our phone. My husband, the social worker on duty, asked if I'd go along with him as backup. When we got to the station, he went off to find …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipWednesday, October 17, 2018 – (International Day for the Eradication of Poverty) Pray for all people who do not have enough healthy food, a safe home, or a community for fellowship. Pray that governments will develop and continue programs to reduce poverty.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThough the Bible does not square with society's standards, God makes no mistakes.
Verse for TodayPsalm 25:14-15 – The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. (NIV)
Wednesday, October 17, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: The Beautiful Garden Of Prayer
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Psalms 120-121
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 2 Samuel 11:1-27a; 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 35:1-10
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own