A young girl witnessed a scary time when her parents disagreed and her erratic mother raised a sharp kitchen knife toward her father. God intervened and tragedy was prevented. Her father retreated. No one was hurt. "Yes, my son," Abraham …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipWednesday, October 17, 2018 – (International Day for the Eradication of Poverty) Pray for all people who do not have enough healthy food, a safe home, or a community for fellowship. Pray that governments will develop and continue programs to reduce poverty.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThough the Bible does not square with society's standards, God makes no mistakes.
Verse for TodayPsalm 25:14-15 – The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare. (NIV)
Wednesday, October 17, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: The Beautiful Garden Of Prayer
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Psalms 120-121
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 2 Samuel 11:1-27a; 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 35:1-10
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own