"It's not fair! She has more than me!" This child's howling cry of injustice is familiar to us. Of course, we know it applies only to ice cream and cake, never to peas and carrots. Such a complaint may indeed be uttered by a sweet, …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSaturday, January 19, 2019 – Pray for Presbyterians in remote and rural congregations as they faithfully serve God and carry out their ministries in small communities.
- Please pray for my husband!: "Please pray for my husband who has to go in to the hospital on February 20/19 for a stint! The..." (more)
- Please pray for the unborn!: "Please pray for the unborn children, who have been disposed of because of abortion! New York City..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThe best way to heal a broken heart is to give God all the pieces.
Verse for TodayHebrews 10:39 – We are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved. (NIV)
Saturday, January 19, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Lord This Day Thy Children Meet
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Isaiah 12-17
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Deuteronomy 16:21-17:20; Matthew 13:31-58
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: John 2:1-12
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own