My grandfather was a doctor in London, England. In 1893, he unexpectedly took ill and died. He left my grandmother as a young widow, 26 years old, with four children: a boy of six, a girl of four, my father aged two, and a new-born baby …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSaturday, August 18, 2018 – Pray for those gathering at Presbyterian College in Montreal, Queubec, for the mentor program, giving thanks to new ministers and those who come to share their experiences.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Verse for TodayPhilippians 1:21 – To me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (NIV)
Saturday, August 18, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Anywhere With Jesus
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: John 5-6
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Joshua 4; Romans 11:1-10
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 1:22-42
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own