Two Christmases ago, I wrote a devotional about a song that I had written ( Sing a Song of Praise ). Many of our readers responded, asking me if there was a tune for it. Unfortunately, I had a tune only in my head, and I had no idea …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipFriday, January 18, 2019 – Give thanks that every person is made in the image of God. Celebrate the fact that every person has unique gifts and abilities that help to build God's kingdom.
- Papers to be signed.: "Father give wisdom where needed and end this shutdown of government before something worse happens...." (more)
- Update on "Job and friend": "C now a job but still needs prayer for loneliness. Praise God for his job and I know that God will..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayFaith is trusting God even when we don't understand His plan.
Verse for TodayPsalm 56:4 – In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? (NIV)
Friday, January 18, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Hast Thou Not Known
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Job 5-6
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Deuteronomy 16:1-20; Matthew 13:1-30
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Luke 9:18-27
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own