The year was 1943, and the Second World War was in full swing. A naive young woman was dismayed and afraid because she found out that she was pregnant. In normal circumstances, this should have been a joyous event in … (read more)
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSaturday, July 22, 2017 – Pray for the Youth in Mission participants who are in Hungary to take part in the ecumenical Starpoint Festival with young people from around the world.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThe best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller
Verse for Today1 Peter 5:5 – Be submissive to those who are older. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." (NIV)
Saturday, July 22, 2017:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: The Church's One Foundation
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Colossians 3-4
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Nehemiah 13; Hebrews 9:23-28
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Ruth 1:1-22
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own