My grandfather was a doctor in London, England. In 1893, he unexpectedly took ill and died. He left my grandmother as a young widow, 26 years old, with four children: a boy of six, a girl of four, my father aged two, and a new-born baby …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipFriday, February 23, 2018 – Pray that God's love will spread throughout the world, so that all people may live in peace and harmony.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayThere's no sense in advertising your troubles; there's no market for them.
Verse for TodayActs 2:23 – [Jesus] was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. (NIV)
Friday, February 23, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: O Master Let Me Walk With Thee
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Isaiah 40-44
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Genesis 50; John 1:19-42
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Psalm 22:1-15
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own