In Christian vernacular, we use the word giant as a substitute for a major problem in our lives. This idea or imagery developed from the biblical narrative of David and Goliath. More than three years ago, I had a setback after being …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSaturday, August 19, 2017 – On this World Humanitarian Day, pray for the Presbyterian World Service and Development partners in Syria delivering aid to those living in the midst of civil unrest and grappling with food insecurity.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayGod has planted greatness in you. Let today be the beginning of a great adventure as you step into the gifts He's given you. – Joyce Meyer
Verse for TodayActs 3:19 – Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord. (NIV)
Saturday, August 19, 2017:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Since Jesus Came Into My Heart
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: 1 Timothy 1-3
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Jeremiah 18-19; James 3:1-12
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 41:25-52
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own