As I was reading about this demon-filled Gerasene man, who was so possessed by a "legion" of demons that he was cutting himself with stones, I realized that when I was young, I never heard about young people cutting themselves or …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSunday, January 20, 2019 – O God of life and hope, we pray for our military chaplains who are deployed with our men and women. May they be able to be bearers of life, hope, and joy to those who are far from home and may also feel far from these realities.
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayEven though the process is sometimes painful and hard, God's plan is always the best.
Verse for Today1 John 4:18 – There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. (NIV)
Sunday, January 20, 2019:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Softly And Tenderly Jesus Is Calling
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Matthew 5-7
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Deuteronomy 18-19; Matthew 14:1-21
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 12:1-13
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own