How could anyone cheat an elderly person? And simply to pad their pocket. I was working my first job at an exterminating company — not my idea of the ideal job but all that was available at the moment, and it was paying my bills. Shortly …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipThursday, May 25, 2017 – Pray for the establishment of God's politics, economics, and grace in the world.
- Update on job: "Mark and his wife have just been told that their trial period for the job didn't work out...." (more)
- Update on "Praise God for her another answer to prayer!": "My deaf grandson starts his job soon. He is excited to be contributing to the workforce. His dad is..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayA word to the wise isn't as good as a word from the wise.
Verse for TodayProverbs 17:16 – Of what use is money in the hand of a fool, since he has no desire to get wisdom? (NIV)
Thursday, May 25, 2017:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: One Day
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Jeremiah 42-46
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 2 Chronicles 10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Luke 24:36-53
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own