It was 4 a.m., and I was driving through the depth of darkness toward my place of employment. I enjoyed my job, but as I motored along, I suddenly realized how indifferent and hardened my heart was becoming in regards to those whom I …( read more )
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSunday, August 20, 2017 – Pray for congregations and ministries that are seeking fresh ways to be the church in their communities, that they may discern God's will and dedicate their service to God's kingdom.
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Thought for TodayBeing a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion. It is a daily progress whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ. – Billy Graham.
Verse for TodayMatthew 6:14 – If you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. (NIV)
Sunday, August 20, 2017:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Lord Of All Being Throned Afar
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Numbers 5-8
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: Jeremiah 20-21; James 3:13-18
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Genesis 45:1-20
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own