I was standing at my sink washing dishes, which seems like the easiest place for God to find me, because no one else dares come near. They are afraid I will ask them to dry or put away. Ha! As … (read more)
Search the Site
PCC Prayer PartnershipSunday, September 23, 2018 – Loving God, You are our mighty protector. Bring peace to women, children, and men around the world who are being abused physically, mentally, or spiritually by their partners.
- Prayers for Successful Surgery: "Prayers would be very much appreciated for DR for successful surgery on October 10th to repair a..." (more)
- Update on "Suicidal Unemployed": "EM phoned me at 2 AM today, said he loved me and sounded like a suicide note? I phoned him at 10 AM..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get Daily By Email
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — writing is not restricted to Canadians or Presbyterians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Verse for TodayRomans 5:3-4 – We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. (NIV)
Sunday, September 23, 2018:
- Today's Music: Listen while you read: Hail Thou Once Despised Jesus
- Today's Podcast: Listen now
- Today's One-Year* Scripture Passage: Philemon
- Today's Two-Year* Scripture Passages: 1 Samuel 16; 1 Corinthians 8
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: Mark 9:30-50
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own