Search the Site
Worldwide MissionThursday, April 2, 2020 – In North America — Pray for small groups as they gather, via "Zoom" or other on-line media, to discuss God's Word, and to pray for and encourage each other. May God use these groups to support and nurture new Christians so that they grow more robust in their discipleship, and to awaken more mature Christians to revive some of their earlier zealous faith.
Daily MannaYour Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him! (Matthew 6:8b NLT)
- More on "Pray for Healing": "My brother's severe shoulder pain has turned out to be shingles. Please pray for healing...." (more)
- More on "My cousin and Prostate Cancer": "Prayer request from his son: Pray that he gets his leg strength back after 3 weeks in bed. Pray..." (more)
- Punky: "Our church musician, Steve, who is in his 50’s, has been diagnosed with metastatic cancer. He..." (more)
- More requests or post your own
Get PresbyCan Daily by EmailTo sign up for a free subscription to receive the PresbyCan Daily Devotional in your inbox every day, click here.
Contribute a DevotionalAll our devotionals are contributed by our readers on a voluntary basis. Pray about contributing a devotional — we are a community of Bible-believing, Christ-centred, Spirit-filled Christians. Registration takes just a few minutes, and you will immediately be able to post a devotional online. Read the Guidelines for Contributing Devotionals.
Words of Comfort for Troubled TimesOur Refuge and Strength – Psalm 46 – God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and mountains fall into the ocean depths; even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence. There is a river that brings joy to the city of God, to the sacred house of the Most High. God is in that city, and it will never be destroyed; at early dawn he will come to its aid. Nations are terrified, kingdoms are shaken; God thunders, and the earth dissolves. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Come and see what the Lord has done. See what amazing things he has done on earth. He stops wars all over the world; he breaks bows, destroys spears, and sets shields on fire. "Stop fighting," he says, "and know that I am God, supreme among the nations, supreme over the world." The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. (GNT)
Today's VerseEphesians 4:2-3 – Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. (NIV)
Thursday, April 2, 2020:
- Today's Music1: Listen while you read: Praise The Saviour Ye Who Know Him — The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's Podcast: The audio control is below the devotional.
- Today's One-Year2 Scripture Passage: Exodus 1-4
- Today's Two-Year3 Scripture Passages: Exodus 32; John 12:37-50
- Canadian Bible Society Daily Bible Reading: John 12:20-43
- Current PrayerLine Requests: Read them or post your own
- 1 - Our public domain music is courtesy of The Cyber Hymnal™
2 - The One-Year Bible Reading Plan is from bible-reading.com ©1996-2006 by Michael Coley and used by permission.
3 - The Two-Year Bible Reading Plan is from the Cambridge Daily Reading Bible ©1995 Cambridge University Press and used by permission.
4 - Daily Manna and Words of Comfort are provided by the Canadian Bible Society.
5 - Today's Verse is based on Verse of the Day.